Erbium Skin Ablation
What is Erbium Skin Ablation?
Laser skin resurfacing is a technique used to rejuvenate the skin and is an alternative to dermabrasion or chemical peel. It is utilized to treat fine lines and wrinkles, as well as pigmentation differences or scars. There are many different types of lasers, but of the lasers considered more aggressive or ablative, the most common are the erbium laser and carbon dioxide. These can also be used in combination or in sequence for amplified results.
What cosmetic concerns does an ablative erbium laser skin resurfacing procedure treat?
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Ablative lasers stimulate collagen to firm and fill fine lines and wrinkles.
- Facial Skin Laxity: Collagen stimulation plumps and tones skin.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Removal of old skin layers exposes deeper healthier skin layers.
- Uneven Skin Texture: Ablative lasers remove dead skin cells and sebum buildup to smooth skin texture.
- Rosacea: Damaged skin cells are ablated and new cells are encouraged to grow.
- Melasma: Hyperpigmented skin cells are removed and healthier cells are exposed.
- Acne Scars: Ablation of scar tissue encourages new cell growth in the area.