WHAT IS FORMA?
Forma is a skin and tissue remodeling technology equipped with a subdermal heating applicator. Radiofrequency travels via electrodes to deliver a non-invasive and pain-free treatment, and its controls allow the device to reach optimal temperatures. Forma effectively treats the forehead, upper and lower eyelids, nasolabial folds, jowls and neck.
- Forma has a thermal temperature sensor built into the handpiece allowing clinicians to acquire skin temperature in real-time.
- Forma provides unprecedented safety of RF delivery. The “cut off temperature” feature reduces RF energy automatically when the handpiece senses that the required skin temperature has been reached.
- Clinical evidence suggests prolonged exposure to temperature above 40°C is advantageous for optimal clinical outcomes.
- Safe on all skin types.
WHAT IS MORPHEUS8?
Morpheus8 is a safe and effective minimally invasive modular RF fractional solution for full body subdermal adipose remodeling.
- Morpheus8 delivers the deepest fractional treatments available, penetrating subdermal tissue up to 8mm (7mm + 1mm thermal profile).
- Dual Handpieces allow for increased treatment functionality: Morpheus8 for smaller treatment areas and Morpheus8 Body for larger and deeper tissue treatments.
- Four fractional tips with different microneedle configurations (Prime 12 pin, Resurfacing 24 pin, Morpheus8 24 pin, and Body 40 pin) deliver clinically proven RF energy to multiple treatment depths (0.5mm – 7mm).
- Equipped with Burst mode RF technology, Morpheus8 Body automatically deploys bipolar RF energy to multi-level treatment depths in a single cycle. The ability to target tissue sequentially at three levels, in millisecond intervals, allows for a significant reduction in treatment times, minimizes
skin injury, increases treatment uniformity, and enables customized
full body fractional procedures.
- Safe on skin types up to and including VI with little risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) which is common with other resurfacing methods.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE ?
Morpheus8 uses RF technology in combination with microneedling, and has the unique capability to penetrate the skin at deeper levels than traditional microneedling treatments. The microneedling portion of the treatment is what provokes the wound healing response in the body and ultimately stimulates collagen production. RF technology tightens the skin, which equally gives the treatment a distinctive skin remodelling proficiency.
Forma is a skin tightening and remodelling treatment that uses bi-polar RF heat energy. The treatment involves gliding a heated wand across target areas of the face in order to stimulate the body into building collagen, while also contracting the tissue just below the surface of the skin in order to give it that firmer quality. The overall result is plumper, firmer skin with a treatment that feels like a warm facial.
Which Treatment, Forma or Morpheus8, is Right for Me?
The treatment that’s best for you really depends on your skin concerns. Forma is really an ideal treatment if you’re looking to target mild to moderate skin laxity or if you’re simply looking to give your skin that glowy refreshed and firm look before a glam event.
Morpheus8, on the other hand, treats a variety of skin concerns, from improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to addressing skin irregularities, or targeting acne and acne scarring, and even improving the appearance of stretch marks on other areas of the body.
Both treatments are safe for all skin types and tones, so it really just depends on what results you’re looking to achieve.
Is There Any Downtime with Forma or Morpheus8?
Both treatments are non-invasive and require minimal to no downtime.
Will I Need More Than One Treatment?
For both Forma and Morpheus8 we always recommend a series of treatments for optimal results.
With Forma if you’re just looking for a pre-event skin pick me up, then one treatment can suffice, but if you’re looking to truly improve on skin laxity we recommend a series of six treatments.
With Morpheus8, no matter the skin concern you want to address, we typically recommend a series of 3 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart, and then after that yearly maintenance treatments.