Secret-Radio Frequency Micro-Needling
What is Secret-Radio Frequency Micro-Needling?
Microneedling uses a fine needle to create microwounds, or channels, in the skin. This triggers the production of capillaries, elastin, and collagen. It’s also called skin needling or collagen induction therapy.
If the procedure also uses radiofrequency waves, it’s called radiofrequency microneedling. The needle releases radiofrequency into the channels, causing additional damage. This enhances the effects of standard microneedling.
During the procedure
Generally, here’s what you can expect:
- The doctor cleans your skin with alcohol to prevent infection.
- We apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area about 1 hour before the procedure. In some cases, we might inject a local anesthetic instead. The anesthetic numbs the area so you won’t feel pain.
- The microneedling device makes tiny wounds in the skin. Simultaneously, the tip of the needle releases radiofrequency waves into the wounds.
- The procedure takes 10 to 20 minutes. The exact duration depends on what you’re treating.
- We will apply a growth solution to support cell regeneration. We will then finish with a soothing solution to minimize any discomfort.
After the procedure
You can go home after the treatment and return to your normal activities.
After your procedure, the doctor will explain how to care for your skin. This will include the following aftercare tips:
- Apply ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Wear SPF for several weeks after your treatment. Your skin will be extra sensitive to the sun during this time.
- Use antibiotic creams or emollients if your doctor prescribed them.
- Use a gentle cleanser after your treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup until the next day. After 24 hours, you can return to your normal makeup and skin care routine.
When to expect results
You’ll see results after 3 to 6 months. The exact time frame depends on the type and severity of your condition.
In most cases, you’ll need at least four sessions. This also depends on what you’re treating. For example, if you have moderate acne scars, you’ll need about three or four treatments. Bigger scars might need five treatments.
These sessions will be done every 3 to 8 weeks. This lets your skin heal between treatments.
After the initial set of treatments, the results will last about 1 year. It’s recommended to have a touch-up session once a year to maintain your desired results.